Orthodontics in Edison NJ: Affinity Dental Care has improved many smiles of proud children and adults. Orthodontic procedures provide an improved alignment of teeth so you can speak, bite and chew more comfortably and more effectively. Plus, you’ll love the way you look!
If your child has crowded teeth or misaligned teeth, orthodontics can begin at around age 7. Procedures for children and adults can correct issues that if not corrected may lead to tooth decay, chipping of teeth, uneven wear and speech impediments. Orthodontics also help with jaw joint pain (TMJ/TMD) and make your smile even more beautiful!
- Functional appliances are spacers that keep teeth from drifting when others are lost. The spacers can be removable or bonded to your teeth.
- Expanders correct misalignment by widening the upper jaw.
- Braces (fixed orthodontic appliances) are sets of wires and brackets cemented to the teeth. The wires provide forces that realign teeth over a period of time – about 24 to 28 months.
- Retainers are removable and made of molded plastic and wire that hold the teeth in place after braces are taken off.
- Invisible Braces are now available with small, clear or tooth-colored brackets that are bonded directly to the front of the teeth so you don’t have the ‘metal mouth look’ previously associated with braces.
- Lingual Braces are fitted behind the teeth, unseen in most situations.
- Invisaign uses 3D modeling software to provide a clear, removable solution for straightening teeth. Invisalign is effective at treating a wide variety of orthodontic issues. We also recommend ClearCorrect invisible braces.
- Emergency orthodontic treatment is rarely needed. Most problems can be remedied at home. If your braces cause irritation, try moving the wire with a cotton swab or an eraser. In some cases, the wire can be cut with a nail clipper or scissors.
Doctor Patel is a great dentist! Very accommodating, prices are fair and office is clean and staff is pleasant.